EMMANUEL LUTHERAN SCHOOL – UNIFORM DRESS CODE
All students at ELS are expected to come to school well-groomed and wearing clothing that is neat, clean, and in accordance with the following dress code.
SHORTS, PANTS, SKIRTS, and DRESSES
- Solid, neutral colors only. Solid dark blue (navy), black, brown, tan, and white are acceptable. No logos, insignias, graphics, words, or stripes. No clothing that is frayed, tattered, or torn.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses are not to be too short, tight, or revealing. “Fingertip length” is the guideline at all grade levels. (Fingertip length means that the shorts, skirt, or dress hem is longer than the place the fingertips reach when the hands are relaxed at one’s side.) For modesty sake, girls are encouraged to wear shorts under their dresses or skirts. Skorts are allowed if they follow the color and the length rules.
- Other dresses (dresses that are not a solid, neutral color) may be worn on designated days only. No spaghetti straps (straps must be 2 fingers in width), no low necklines, and the fingertip length rule applies to all dresses.
- Jeans may be worn but must be a solid color and cannot be frayed, tattered or torn.
- Emmanuel Lutheran School t-shirts in red, blue, or gray are to be worn each day. T-shirts are available for purchase in the office. No other shirts are acceptable. Other Emmanuel Lutheran School T-shirts (such as Pumpkin Festival shirts) will be allowed for designated periods of time only.
SWEATSHIRTS, JACKETS, AND SWEATERS
- Solid, neutral colors only. Solid dark blue (navy), black, brown, tan, and white are acceptable. No logos, insignias, graphics, words, or stripes.
- Emmanuel Lutheran School zipper sweaters (hoodies) are available to purchase in the office.
- Acceptable: Athletic shoes, closed-toe shoes, and sandals with heel straps
- Not acceptable: Crocs, slippers, backless shoes or sandals, and shoes with wheels or lights.
- Students in grades 5-8 must wear appropriate gym shorts, athletic shoes, and an Emmanuel T-shirt for P.E. Students in grades 5-8 are encouraged to bring roll-on or stick deodorant for P.E. days. No scented body sprays, colognes, or spray deodorant are allowed.
- Hair must be neatly groomed. No unnatural hair coloring or streaking is allowed. Boys must keep their hair trimmed above their eyebrows and above their shirt collar. Hair styles that draw undo attention are not allowed.
- Jewelry must not cause distraction to learning.
- No visible piercings are allowed except for pierced ears. No dangling earrings or hoops.
NO TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT TATOOS MAY BE VISIBLE